The Wynnum District Lawn Tennis Association was first formed in 1928. Private courts in the wider Wynnum District were used for tennis fixtures until 1953.
At this time a lease from the Brisbane City Council was granted and four granite tennis courts were constructed at Kitchener Park, Colina Street Wynnum - the current site of the Association Wynnum Tennis. Over the next few decades, fund raising by the Club members and the wider Wynnum/ Bayside Community expanded the facilities to ten courts.
Wynnum Tennis continues to hold a perpetual lease with the Brisbane City Council and currently has ten all weather, championship sized tennis courts (six (6) hard courts and four artificial grass courts), new tournament standard court lighting on six (6) courts and a double story modern brick clubhouse.
Wynnum Tennis is a not for profit organisation run by a dedicated volunteer committee and as such all monies made are put back into the facilities and the running of the service to the community.